Thursday, September 01, 2005

songs for you

a sampling of my midi directory. some new, some old. some complete, some incomplete. all repeat, repeat, repeat. have fun. i recommend playing in alphabetical order. prepare for jarring discontinuities, obnoxious instrumentation, poor soundcard translation, and way too many notes.

pira_teorg2.mid


apes.mid


WORKS.mid


WESTERN1I1Z.mid


THING3.mid


NONSENSE1.mid


HORBLE1.mid


HELL3.mid


EFF.mid


DANCE1.mid


BOARD2.mid


BEEXO.mid


ARK31.mid


ARE.mid


ACCOMPAN.mid

6 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to hunt down some of my old midi's and post them. They cannot compare to yours, but they can add to the spirit of midiness that you have sprung forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I remember a bunch of these! Ha ha, good times, man!

    These made me dig up my old midi files. Oh man, where the hell is my midisoft CD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if you're doing some midi stuff, you should at long last add 38 seconds to the long-ago started chain midi-piece, "Liaku's Robot Tiki Loungejat." I'll email it to you, if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a related note, I can't find my copy of midisoft. Does anyone have it? Did I loan it to someone and not get it back? Does anyone just have a copy of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only midisoft I have is the version I installed back in 1999 on my then college computer. That computer is still barely up and kicking and at my work now, where it keeps track of one bit of calibration software. Alas, I think Midisoft went out of business or something, because their product disappeared. I wish there were a newer version of it somewhere that I could purchase and install on an XP machine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've had the same copy, transferred from computer to computer, for about 10 years now. i think i got it when i was 16. i'll see if i can't zip up all the necessary parts, and post it here.

    ReplyDelete